If you don’t feel like sharing, why not hire your very own six-seater or twelve-seater punt? Exclusive private tours are ideal for family groups, prospective students, or even hen parties.
Duration: 50 minutes
- Departure Time:
–>April – September: 11:00 – 17:00
–>October – March: 11:00 – 15:00
- On weekends try departures before 12:00 or after 15:00 to avoid delays!
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Dress accordingly for the weather
- Adult (18+)
- £25 £19.50
- Child (3-12)
- £12 £10
- Youth/Student/Concession (Student with valid student card or O.A.P)
- £20 £17.50
- In order to redeem your punting tour ticket please meet our manager at the Cambridge Alumni Tours meeting point (blue flag) at the entrance of King’s college on King’s parade.
- Your punting ticket is an open ticket. You can depart any time on the hour from 11:00 – 17:00 (April – September) and 11:00 – 15:00 (October – March). Please arrive 15-30 minutes before your preferred start time.
- On the weekend please be aware of possible delays at peak times between 12:00 – 15:00. Try to arrive 30-45 minutes before your preferred start time.
A CRUISE THROUGH THE CENTURIES
Undoubtedly the best way to see the most famous Cambridge colleges in a short space of time, our punting tours typically last around 50 minutes and take you through eight colleges and underneath nine bridges. From the breathtaking sight of King’s College Chapel to the mysterious Mathematical Bridge, the stunning views provide the perfect backdrop to an intriguing and often hilarious history of Cambridge. With stories spanning centuries, including tyrannical rulers, student pranksters, and intellectual greats, all history lessons should be like this one.
A TRADITIONAL CAMBRIDGE PASTIME
Did you know that the original punts were used for transporting cargo around the fens? Ideally suited to shallow water, the punt is a flat and square-shaped boat that is pushed along with a pole. In the early 20th century, punting quickly took off as a leisure activity, and has since become an iconic part of Cambridge tradition. Nowadays punting is the most popular way among students and visitors alike to enjoy the peaceful scenery of the college backs. Don’t miss your chance to join the tradition on a shared Cambridge punting tour!
Some swear they were born on a punt. Others say their father and his father before him were punters. What is certain is that all our punting tour guides are local students who are passionate and knowledgeable about Cambridge and its heritage. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, and while you’re at it, why not have a go at punting yourself during the tour? Our guides are there to give you a real taste of Cambridge life – from a local’s perspective.