If you don’t feel like sharing why not hire your very own private punt? Your expert punt chauffeur will show you 8 colleges and 9 bridges over 50 minutes while providing a detailed historical tour.…
Duration: 50 minutes
- Departure Time: our punting tours start at 11:00 depart every hour, on the hour, until 17:00
- Enjoy the longest punting tour on the river including an additional college (Darwin) compared to other punting tours
- See eight colleges and nine famous bridges
- Meet at the entrance of Granta Moorings on Newnham road 10 minutes prior to your tour start time to check-in
- Dress accordingly for the weather
- Blankets and cushions are provided
- Bring your own refreshments on board and enjoy them as you cruise past the colleges`
- Youth/Students/Concessions Youth (Ages 13-17)
- Children Ages 3-12
A CRUISE THROUGH THE CENTURIES
Undoubtedly the best way to see the most famous Cambridge colleges in a short space of time, our punting tours typically last around 50 minutes and take you through eight colleges and underneath nine bridges. From the breathtaking sight of King’s College Chapel to the mysterious Mathematical Bridge, the stunning views provide the perfect backdrop to an intriguing and often hilarious history of Cambridge. With stories spanning centuries, including tyrannical rulers, student pranksters, and intellectual greats, all history lessons should be like this one.
A TRADITIONAL CAMBRIDGE PASTIME
Did you know that the original punts were used for transporting cargo around the fens? Ideally suited to shallow water, the punt is a flat and square-shaped boat that is pushed along with a pole. In the early 20th century, punting quickly took off as a leisure activity, and has since become an iconic part of Cambridge tradition. Nowadays punting is the most popular way among students and visitors alike to enjoy the peaceful scenery of the college backs. Don’t miss your chance to join the tradition on a shared Cambridge punting tour!
Some swear they were born on a punt. Others say their father and his father before him were punters. What is certain is that all our punting tour guides are local students who are passionate and knowledgeable about Cambridge and its heritage. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, and while you’re at it, why not have a go at punting yourself during the tour? Our guides are there to give you a real taste of Cambridge life – from a local’s perspective.