Marvel at some of the greatest examples of Gothic and Neoclassical architecture in the world. Inspiring, baffling, and downright outrageous: Cambridge is a city full of stories waiting to be told.
Distanced | Harry Potter Film Locations Shared Walking Tour Led By University Alumni
Shared Harry Potter Film Locations Walking Tour Led By University Alumni
Duration: 90 minutes
Departure times: 1 PM daily
Meeting Point: The Shop of Secrets, Broad Street, Oxford
Wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes
- Adult 18+
- Youth/Student/Concession Youth (Ages 13-17)
- Child Ages 3-12
Harry Potter Film Locations Tour
This exciting tour, guided by current or former Oxford University students, will take you to two of the main film locations used in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
You will see some of the most important buildings and colleges and learn about other major blockbusters shot in the city. There will be photo opportunities. You will also learn about Oxford University, the oldest English-speaking university, and currently (2021) voted the best university in the world for a record six years in a row.
- Learn about J.K Rowling’s relationship with Oxford
- The Oxford-educated crime writer she admires
- The two key Harry Potter cast members who were brought up in the city
- The famous (and not so famous) actors who were considered and rejected for major parts in the film series
- The Oxford location of the shrunken heads on the night bus in The Prisoner of Azkaban
- The Oxford locations of three major Marvel Studios films
- Tom Cruise and Oxford
- Sir Anthony Hopkins and Oxford
- The four world-famous children’s authors who taught or studied at Oxford
- Visit inside famous film locations like the Divinity School and New College